Thursday, August 23, 2012

K-Pop's Appearance!

Happy Chinese Valentine's Day! Yes, August 23rd was such a day though not as commercially promoted like America's Valentine's Day on February 14th. Apparently Taiwan has about 4 Valentine's day a year. Woah...that's a lot of chocolate!

Something we did today was do a magical task to allow my phone to be used in Taiwan. It involves changing some sort of card in it. Unfortunately it didn't work because of some restriction the phone has to America. I don't really understand it because it worked in Spain. But for my K-pop friends, here is my very first idol advertisement I've seen in Asia, located in the phone store.
 Super Junior conquers! From top left to bottom right we have Donghae, Siwon, Sungmin, Ryewook, Eunhyuk, Yesung, Kyuhyun, Shingon and Leeteuk. WHOO! GO SUJU!

*ahem* Moving on. The entire morning and afternoon was lazy, lazy because I still feel so tired and can't get decent sleep. Dang jet lag. But in the late afternoon we headed out to Taipei for grocery shopping and dinner. The grocery shopping was at none other than CostCo. Yet ANOTHER huge store that I wasn't expecting to find in Taiwan. And boy was it busy because we'll have strong typhoons for the next couple of days so hundreds and hundreds of people were stocking up on food and necessities. The store was two stories high so that meant they had escalators where you push your shopping cart on. Fancy that! An escalator compatible with shopping carts! A steep one at that.

We had dinner at a place for the esteemed dish of beef noodles. A delicious broth, that is said to be good for one's health, drowned the noodles in a steamy embrace as the most tender beef I've ever had floated on top. Sides of tofu, pickled cabbage and I think another type of tofu embroidered the remaining table space. For dessert, an authentic Chinese pudding that tasted similar to vanilla.
That's all I have for today. Andrea has no energy and feels dead. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight. Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. YEAH SUPER JUNIOR!!!! KINGS OF KPOP!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

    Anyways, sorry I didn't comment earlier, college has been crazy. But I now know hangul and how to write my name in Korean, so that's a plus, yeah? ^^ you look like you're having so much fun, I'm jealous!!! Keep in touch!!! If you can skype, my name is
    allie.drain593

    Much love, Allie~

    ReplyDelete