Friday, November 9, 2012

Machi Snuggle Time


Wednesday November 7th, 2012

Well this morning was a complete opposite of the previous one! Today the MRT was not crowded at all! I was able to snatch a spot to lean on instead of gripping a rail or the dangling thingies. Yay! And after transferring subway lines I inwardly sang “Iiiit’s a small world after alllll.” XD The reason is because in the same MRT car I rode on, one student from Tatung that I know (his name is Anson) was there as well. His expression when he saw me was priceless! His eyes got wide in surprise with his face slightly contracting inwards as if thinking a shocked, “Oh!” Twas cute! ^_^

A new café called “Gloria Jean’s Coffee” opened up along my high school walking route and its grand opening was today. I’m very interested to see how it does because it is literally right next to “Artco de Café.” Side-bye-side cafes will surely trigger some fierce competition! I wanted to try this new café for three reasons. (1) It’s new and worth giving a try (2) It was going to give out free coffee mug to the first 100 customers (3) It’s color theme is my favorite combo in middle school (orange, black and white). ;P Reason #2 was my main motive because the advertised cup was pretty and it was free. Who doesn’t want free promotional product? ;) The café opens at 7:00. I got there at 7:35. They were still setting up, which prevented me from ordering. No free cup for Andrea. *sigh* Oh well, life goes on and really it was only a passing whim. :P I still want to give the place a shot sometime though! Battle of favor: Artco de Café VS. Gloria Jean’s Coffee. FIGHT! XD

Breakfast was an apple from home, a breakfast hamburger and…me being bad. I got another riced coffee. Whoops! XD I couldn’t help myself! I was just really tired and needed a pick me up. Plus it’s delicious! Where’s decafe when I need it? ;P

Nothing exciting happened at school or lunch so I shall leap forward to dinner. The meal was eaten with Auntie Jenny, Yavanna and Xiao Di. Yummy Chinese stuff as always! One dish had a food that is not found in American supermarkets. You might find them at a Chinatown market but I can’t say for sure. I’m still learning the food’s Chinese name so I can’t translate to English yet. ;)

Needing to get homework done but not wanting to be shut away in my room, I took my laptop downstairs and worked on some school reports. Just being in the same room as my family was soothing and they saw what I do for school. The TV playing a drama show was different for me since I’m used to working in quiet, but I enjoyed hearing the Chinese in the background. I still can’t understand Chinese much at all, especially when talking so fast so it wasn’t very distracting but nonetheless nice to at least hear the language sounds.

Adorableness ensued with Machi, the house cat, hopped up on the couch and snuggled against my leg. So…CUTE! A wee sleeping feline showing this kind of affection made me smile. Well, not a wee kitty. A big kitty but still really sweet. I would just keep typing and she would just keep snoozing away. ^_^

A chat with my family here and there took place but the day was closing and beddy-bye time came. So with that I wish you all a good day/night! See ya!

P.S. Wow that Taffy was short! Well, that’s what happens when nothing much happened. All the fun stuff is within the family interaction. ;)

Here's a evening view of riding on the subway home. The clouds have a cool texture, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment