Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Foreign Buds and SM Store


Monday 24 2012

Internally, my OCD is exploding because the post date doesn’t match the actual date of the event but please just play along.

My family set out a sweet roll for breakfast that surprisingly contained a creamy filling. Yummy. At University I bought a package of guava for an added-on nutritional part of the meal. More yummy.

Last night I slept absolutely dreadfully, constantly waking up with a sweat drenched, sick feeling body. It was soooo hoooooooot. I barely got any sleep and the sleep I did get was low quality. This means Andrea was extremely tired and had the hardest time focusing/comprehending in Chinese class today. It wasn’t good.

Lunch was better with a trip to the mouth-watering sandwich shop from last week. Trying a different sandwich, I still derived much happiness from it and the accompanying milk tea. A conversation with my Australian bud made it even more delightful. The conversation extended to visiting a general merchandise store on the way to the MTR. Why did we go? Because Andrea wanted chocolate. :P So I purchased a small bag of assorted unknown chocolate treats. I do not regret it one bit.

High school physics class passed in a haze. Afterwards during P.E., I just lashed out and ran my absolute hardest for the single lap we had. I kinda left my fellow classmates in the dust but I needed the sprint. The resulting pain in the lungs was whole-heartedly welcomed. We did the confusing routine that everyone but the exchange students knew. I swear, one point they do the hippity-hoppity dance from ‘Souja Boy.’ Next on the doctrine was a sit-up physical. I’m weak. I did twenty. My neck hurt too much. I wanted to do sit-ups with my hands under my head but they required I crossed my arms over the chest. Either way, I’m still weak. One-on-one volleyball took up the rest of class in which I always kept hitting the ball with too much power or too little. I think I would do better in an actual match since I hit the ball the height it would need to go over the net instead of one-on-one height. It was still fun to get the wrists a cherry red shade from hitting the ball repeatedly.

This week’s culture exchange was over the topic of ‘nightlife.’ Two out of four guys showed up and I loved talking with both of them. They have quite the personalities! And because I must, that T-shirt’s shade of purple is gorgeous! The session basically consisted of dance clubs, alcohol and a taste of music.


The time available was shortened by twenty minutes because the exchange students were getting together with Ms. Redy for dinner at McDonalds. It’s one way we can get together, talk and help each other out. I barely tasted my food because I was too involved in the conversation. Homesickness is a threat to some peeps but luckily I haven’t caught the illness. I did end up consuming the whole bag of assorted chocolates I bought earlier in the day. The volume of the candies put together probably would’ve made a decent sized slice of cake. Who cares? I just needed my chocolate high :P

Once our food was gone, we headed off to a stationary store to buy some supplies for Teacher’s Day that’s coming up. I can talk more about Teacher’s Day later, maybe on the actual day, which is Thursday. I want to make a nice card for all my teachers but I am on an extreme budget since my allowance is almost gone. I should get my next month’s allowance this Wednesday but have to really juice all I can out of what I have left on only food and MTR. I tried withdrawing money from an ATM at 7-Eleven but it rejected my card. An exchange student said she faced the same problem and had to go to a Citibank if I’m correct. Problem is, I don’t know where one is. I’m working on it. I should be able to make it until Wednesday though. I think. Cross your fingers.

Right next to the stationary store was a big pink sign of “S.M. ENTERTAINMENT.” The French girl (Camille) and I spazzed our way in. You can see her amount of excitement by the fact she was already half way up the stairs by the time I took a picture of the good-lookin’ wall décor. I honestly, truly didn’t see the sign that called for no photography. I was too busy looking at a different kind of camera. Can you blame me? My punishment, I guess, was a blurry second picture. But I was a good girl and didn’t take pictures of any merchandise…even though I really wanted to. Hey! K-Pop fans! If you want a near-to life size wall scroll of a SuJu or SHINee member, send me $30US + shipping. ;P Beautiful things like photo albums, fans, cups, buttons and posters filled the store with expensive prices. Nonetheless, Camille and I had a great little time looking at the handsome goods. ;)



Just for reference, I love the five other exchange students at Tatung High School. We’ve become buds and support each other through our individual difficulties. They’re great peeps and I look forward to spending the next nine to ten months together. :D

After a trip to the camera shop for approving the repair of my sent-in broken camera, so ends this Monday. Onto a hopefully brighter, more alert Tuesday. Until next time, love ya!

4 comments:

  1. I WANT ONE!!! I WILL GLADLY GIVE YOU THE MONEY!!!!
    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That can be arranged ;P Question is...who...will Allie choose? *cue dramatic music*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent question.... Kyuhyun or Sungmin? hmmmm, well I guess it would have to be *drumroll* KYUHYUN! xD

      Delete
    2. Kyuhyun it is! Seems like he's still in first place on your bias list. Kudos to him staying there! XD We'll have to talk about organizing this. I'll see if I can send you an e-mail via Facebook. ;)

      Delete