Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday feels like a Monday


It sounds so completely insane of me to say this, but I really look forward to Monday. I just miss school and want to be there with my friends. FYI, school is not just a party for me. I do study in school and pay attention in classes such as Math where I understand what the teacher is talking about. Heck, I pay attention to classes where I have no idea what the teacher is saying. During the weekend it can get a little dull because I’m just in my room studying Chinese even with little fun breaks of whatnot.

Today my family went to meet up at a friend’s house (one we’ve met before) for the night. They asked me if I wanted to go and I agreed happily. But then they mentioned that it takes an hour by car to get there. Now I have no problem with this but the total time to and from the house takes an enormous chunk out of the day. I really need to use most, if not all, of my free time to study Chinese. Now I’m not saying that I want to be secluded from the outside world (cuz otherwise I wouldn’t have gone to the night market on Friday and Saturday). I realized the time tonight would be mostly for my mother to talk with her friend. It would be a copy and paste of the last time they met at a restaurant which I just sat quietly, incapable of joining the conversation at all due to my lack of Chinese. I kinda regret not going today but on the upside I did learn some very useful Mandarin vocabulary from Rosetta Stone that I will surely be using a lot. If I keep up the studying pace I’m at, next time I will definitely go to a similar event and at least be able to convey a sentence or two. FIGHTING!

Physically, I’m not feeling so hot. That soreness in my throat that started Saturday morning hasn’t gone away yet and is bogging me down. Also my Jiminy-Cricket is flashing uncomfortably red because I should’ve done something at home. Now this something is really small and I wasn’t told of it before tonight but I still feel bad for not doing it. But my mother communicated calmly to me in which I calmly accepted the responsibility so everything’s ok in the end.

But really nothing much happened today. I think I'll just go to sleep super early because I'm feeling worse. Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. =( it sounds like your body is having a bit of a breakdown from the GO-GO-GO-GO-GO-GO!! schedule you've had since you left=/ vitamin c is good, and add lots of lemon and strong tea (herbal is particularly good for throats!) if you can. And i really hope you don't get any worse!!! Coughs are the worst, I got this really deep coughing a month after moving (and starting my new job, and school, and graduation- the whole "GO-GO-GO-GO-GO-GO" situation again XD)and it lasted two months=P I kind of think it was walking pneumonia... but anyway, Just get more rest and don't stress out if you miss something!
    XOXOXOXOX <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your concern. I'm sorry about your sucky cough. You're better right? Feeling ok? All settled in at your new home, job and school at this point?
    I shall attempt to find some lemon or herbal tea. I can tell if tea has no sugar. That's the only thing I can read on a tea bottle at the store. XD I can at least take my yummy Vitamin C tablets everyday for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my cough is pretty much gone now, thanks:) And yes, im totally settled in!!I loooove my classes (even chemistry ha!) and im totally enjoying myself=) I have details written in my paper letter for you to read if i ever remember to buy envelopes >.<

    ReplyDelete